I am just not ready for summer to come to an end but fall is rapidly approaching and we will all be craving comfort food. I believe that eating comfort food should feel like putting on your favorite sweatshirt on a cool fall day. Cozy! So as we think about family friendly meals that are healthy and easy to make, one of my favorite Easy Fit Foods: Tri-Color Rotini with Italian Sausage comes to mind. With two young children, and a husband to please, I have to be creative with how to satisfy everyone in my house. I also need meals to be easy and quick to make. Enter this recipe that I created with what I had on hand in my kitchen the other day! It was an instant hit!
Yields 4 Servings
Serves Approximately one cup
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 box of Tri Color Rotini
- 4 Sweet Italian Sausage links - cut into pieces,
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes 16 oz
- 1/2 a zuchini cut sliced and then quartered.
- Cook the sausage and pasta, then add the pasta, tomatoes and zuchini to the pan with the sausage. Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Toss together and let simmer with a lid on for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve hot. Enjoy!
This Easy Fit Food is great for any day of the week! Tri-Color Rotini with Italian Sausage! #FitFood #Pasta @fitfaithlife
This meal is great for any night of the week and will be sure to become an instant hit in your house too. What are your favorite easy healthy meals for your family?